Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Running with no destination...

I was told today by someone that they were amazed at how great I was doing with all that was going on in my life. That they were impressed that I could be so positive about it all.
Isn't it funny how someone else can tell you something like that and you suddenly you have super strength for a few hours?
Yet all it takes to break you back down on a regular day is one ounce of doubt from a very close friend.
I remember how I used to say that I didn't care what anyone thought yet I was constantly trying to dress "cool". As we grow up we think that mentallity has gone away but it only gets worse. You have such a different relationship with your friends that their oppinion MUST matter...they know you so well, right?
Although I love my friends dearly I have come to learn that as my faith grew their oppinions didn't matter on such a high level. I get to welcome their encouraging words and llisten to their tough love but in the end Iof the day I get to hand it all over to my God and allow the rest to work it's self out.

No comments:

Post a Comment