Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful.....

I try to think of the gratitude list on a daily baisis. There was a day when all I could think about or focus on was the bad and the hurt. For me, this changed when I gave my life to Christ. I began to learn from the new people I was surrounding myself with that it was possible to see light in everything. I have been told this my whole life but it takes on a new light when people are living what they are speaking. At first focusing on the good was so tiring. It took so much concious thinking. I had to fight the instant negative thoughts with the good things, even if they were small. At times a situation like not having enough money for a certain bill would need to be counter acted with a thought of grattitude for something as simple as my fluffy pillow. I am so thankful today. I am thankful for the day I had with awesome friends. I am thankful for the random act of kindness that made that possible. I am thankful for all the text messages wishing me a happy day. I am thankful for the possiblity of spending Christmas with family. I am thankful for my bills being paid, an amazing child, a great boyfriend, a new job opportunity and the ability to give it a shot...The list goes on and on. I get the blessing of waking up every day being proud of me. I never fall asleep wondering why I am here anymore or if I am doing enough. I am doing my best with Christ in my corner. Blessings. I really do appreciate everyone. Even those that hurt me because I was able to take that hurt and use it for motivation after I was done using it as an excuse. Blessed. Life is not perfect and I am sure it never gets that way but I have never been happier and more filled with love in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment