Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bed time stories for mommy..

Had one of those emotional days... You know the ones where you just want your brain to shut up so you can work? Yeah... That was me.
Over the last two years I've learned quite a bit about the "dating game" and quickly learned I don't like it one bit. I not only learned the truth about men being jerks and women being weirdos I also learned who I truly was.,
See, I was in this relationship for 6 years. When I found out he was leaving me I lost it. I began making excuses for his actions and blaming me. The cheating was because I wasnt there enough, the drugs were because the stress, the strealing money was not meant to hurt me.... I turned into a weak woman who had no idea who she was. Once I came back to reality I decided to spend time alone just getting to know me. Eventually I dated casually and the men I seemed to like fit the same jerk category as Jeremy (my ex). I then decided to compile a list of wants... It included everything from stability, a car, less than 2 kids, tall, no drug use to spirituality, drive, and a family man. As I dated the list got longer and my options of dateable men quickly narrowed. The ones who seemed interested quickly changed their mind. I couldn't figure out what I was doing to scare them off. I came to the conclusion that men have a hard time with overly independent, super outgoing, single mothering, strong willed women. I also came to the conclusion that I'm ok with
me. Yup... Just me. Single independent Tabby. It's nice. It's refreshing. It's something I've never really experienced before. Co dependency was yet another label I used to have... Used to.
So, smile. Be okay with you. Love you because when you do those things you realize you're worth so much more then anything you ever imagined.
No matter what you have been told...You are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment