Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The start of what is to come...

After reading many other blogs online about parenting, faith, being a single parent, bypass surgery, and even cooking I decided it was time I start one myself. I mean after all my life is pretty entertaining. :)
I would love to share my stories on being a single parent while going to school, working full time, dealing with health issues, and most importantly growing in my spirituality.
Recently I have spent a lot of time reflecting on my life as far as where I have been, where I am now, and where I am headed. I could have never imagined I would be here today doing this all as a single strong independent woman. I never thought I was strong enough to even fully care for myself and here I am taking care of my own daughter, who is three and my friends son, who is 13.
Supporting them of course is pretty tough financially as I do not get a chance to work much over time when it is offered. I also have my own health issues to deal with as well as my daughters lung stuff.
Although the last two years have been almost a constant struggle for me financially and emotionally it seems as my faith grew the issues that used to pull me down so greatly have so much less power. Suddenly I know that I can do this and I will do this.
Parenting, school, work, and upcoming surgeries better watch out! This mama is going to make it through with a smile on her face!

No comments:

Post a Comment