Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Who am I?

It is funny how we label yourself at times. I spent some time today thinking of all the things I called myself and realized how many "things" I have been. It has recently been brought to my attention how my story has made a difference in others lives. I never thought it was such a big deal until I thought about how much my heart aches for others struggling through some of the situations I had been in in my past. Today I can talk about these things and no longer be ashamed because the past is not an excuse for today or tomorrow. I am going to be as honest as possible in this blog because maybe one day someone will read ONE thing that will help them make it another day during those rough days and I am sure it doesn't hurt too much to just get these emotions out once in awhile.
Anyway, back to the labeling thing. Here is a list of things I have been called by others and/or called myself.
An amazing friend.
A great mother.
A hard worker.
A survivor.
A motivator.
A single mom.
A beautiful woman.

and some more negative ones...

An adult child of an alcoholic.
A self mutilator.
A sexual abuse survivor.
A worry wort.
An ungrateful brat.
A fake Christian.
A fatty.
A control freak.
A snob.
Unreliable.

All these things...and I sure could think of a million more.
To some you may read that and think how sad it is and others will see it as strong I see it as me. Not an excuse but a motivator. I have survived many bad things and accomplished many good but one thing is for sure...I will NOT use my past, downfalls nor accomplishes, as an excuse to crutch my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment